West Dorset Branch Events
Shows all training, Guild and events outside the Guild as well as all the events in the branch.
All the latest details can be found at http://sdgr.org.uk/lebrf-open-day-2017/
Details are on the Guild website here: http://sdgr.org.uk/guild-young-ringers-day-wed-23-aug/
Full details of the day will be published soon after the Guild Executive on 29 July. However I would highlight now:
1. The venue – Zeals (6) and Mere (8)
2. The time of day – mid afternoon onwards – draws likely to be 3.30/ 4 p.m.
3. If you would like a ‘time slot’ to fit in with other commitments please notify.
4. Changes to the rules from last time:
(a) Up to two teams from each branch may enter the 8 bell
(b) In addition “A team may be entered into either the 6 bell or 8 bell competitions that are comprised of members from two or more branches” – so a team of young ringers from across the Guild or a team in the 8 bell from more than one branch could enter if one branch alone cannot – if you plan to take advantage of this provision please get in contact with me first.
(c) In the eight bell – you can ring call changes or a set piece (an experiment for this year). The President and I have set the following touch of 168 Grandsire Triples:
Grandsire Triples – 168 Changes
B 752634 1
B 237546 3
B 742365 3
B 267453 3
5. Please encourage bands to enter the Novice Competition – a team can be drawn from one branch or more and there is no limit on the number of teams from any one branch.
6. The rules in full are on the website: http://sdgr.org.uk/striking- competition-rules/
Guild Master, Salisbury DG
Meeting regarding Safeguarding and Health and Safety, St Georges Church Hall, Fordington, registration at 13-45 first presentation at 14-00 sharp. More details from the Guild Education Officer at email@example.com
5:30pm Tea and Meeting